Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The Story begins

The story begins with the account of Paddy's death and burial.  One night about a week after I had the idea to write Mary's story, I couldn't sleep.  Arden had been on a long business trip and had just returned home.  Nick and he were asleep and I was restless.  It was after midnight and I had the thought, what would Mary have felt like the night after Paddy's burial.  The house would be quiet like my house was and loved ones would be asleep.  I went to my computer and just began writing.  It was really incredible.  I wept as I wrote.  It took me a few days to share the account with anyone and I was amazed, they wept too.  That is when I thought, I could do this.  Now after four years of effort, the book is finished.  I hope that you enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment